Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Kindergarten Mommy Jitters

My son's soon-to-be Kindergarten class had a picnic yesterday and my son and I walked to his new school to meet his new classmates.

Here he is walking with his super cool new backpack:


He starts kindergarten next Wednesday and I am freaking out a little bit (ok a lot!). I never thought I would be one of those moms who cried on the first day of school but as the day is fast approaching, I am considering taking the day off from work.

I don't know what has me panicked. It could be all the news stories about "bullying" and random school shootings. When I was a kid I walked to school alone with no fears of meeting strangers or having anything bad happen. These days I would NEVER let my kids walk to school alone or play in the neighborhood unsupervised. Call me over protective and a freak! But I can't imagine what I would do if something happened to my kids.

Hopefully this anxiety will cool off after school starts and I sincerely hope so because I hate worrying and I know it's bad for my health.

I do believe the daily workouts with Jillian have helped some with the stress and I hope to continue on in my journey.


1 comment: