Thursday, September 6, 2012

30 Before I'm 30


So I was visiting Amanda at Hooked From Hello and found a post about 30 things you should do before you're 30 and it got me to thinking... I only have 5 months before I turn 30!! So here goes, here's my list (some of them I have completed already this year):
  1. Go whale watching
  2. Pay for a stranger's meal behind me while in a drive thru
  3. Run a 5K
  4. Learn to quilt
  5. Buy a matching pair of lace underwear
  6. Ride a subway
  7. Grow a small vegetable garden
  8. Get a bikini wax
  9. Go skydiving
  10. Start a blog
  11. Visit 2 different cities
  12. Lose 30 pounds
  13. Volunteer for a local organization who needs it
  14. Stay at a Bed & Breakfast
  15. Play in a Texas Hold'Em tournament
  16. Write 2 chapters of the book I've been dreaming about
  17. Witness the Northern Lights
  18. Go to the shooting range and shoot a gun
  19. Learn how to paint like Bob Ross
  20. Get up before sunrise to experience the "golden hour" with my camera
  21. Bake goodies for the neighbors
  22. Get the kids involved in church
  23. Start rock climbing
  24. Ride a mechanical bull
  25. Start to learn another language (Italian?)
  26. Learn how to salsa dance
  27. Play in the rain with my kids
  28. Swim with a dolphin, shark or manta ray
  29. Try kayaking
  30. Get another tattoo

Comment me your link to your list so I can check it out!

3 comments:

  1. I'm curious... how did you get your kids involved in church? I'd like to do this too but don't even know where to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was raised in a Christian church and my hubby is a nonbeliever. We respect each other's opinions and I wanted my children raised with a basic understanding of faith and to learn morals a better way than I could teach them myself. So I sought out a friend who does a Wednesday night kid's bible class at a local church. I thought that would be the easiest way to get them started. Their first class was last night and they loved it.

      Delete
    2. I think it is a great idea. We are the same (who would have thought that). My daughter goes to church with my MIL. She is an elder at her own church. We said they can go whenever they want too and when the change their minds ... it is totally up to them!

      Delete